Boston Scientific's transvaginal mesh systems have been reported to cause a range of serious transvaginal mesh side effects, some of which are potentially fatal. Based in Massachusetts, Boston Scientific has been manufacturing medical devices and equipment for over 25 years.
Among its harmful products are:
- Advantage® Sling System
- Obtryx® Curved Single
- Obtryx® Mesh Sling
- Prefyx Mid U® Mesh Sling System
- Prefyx PPS® System
Each of these brand name devices is a form of a transvaginal mesh system that is used to strengthen vaginal walls that have been damaged by injuries, surgery and/or childbirth. By supporting the weakened lower abdominal region, Boston Scientific's transvaginal mesh patches can be used to treat incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (POP).
However, in rare cases, women can develop severe health problems following implantation of a transvaginal mesh device. For these women, it's vital to:
- Get emergency medical attention and remove the device.
- Follow through with all long-term treatments.
- Meet with a transvaginal mesh lawyer to evaluate whether they have a legal claim against Boston Scientific and are entitled to compensation for their injuries.
Types of Transvaginal Mesh Side Effects
The range of severe transvaginal mesh side effects includes:
- infection from transvaginal mesh patches
- internal bleeding
- punctures to the bladder, blood vessels, bowels or other organs in the lower abdomen
- renewed incontinence or POP
- vaginal erosion, namely in the outer lining (known as the epithelium)
Without treatment, the above injuries will result in further health problems and, in the worst cases, death.
Depending on the type and severity of an individual's condition, treatment for transvaginal mesh injuries can include:
- draining abscesses and hematomas
- receiving blood transfusions and/or IV therapy
- taking antibiotics
- undergoing surgery (to remove the mesh patch and/or repair damaged organs)
Transvaginal Mesh Attorneys and Lawsuits
Women affected by severe transvaginal mesh side effects will likely have a legal claim against Boston Scientific. For help evaluating and starting their case, these individuals should:
- Set up a free consultation with an experienced transvaginal mesh lawyer.
- Find out more about their legal rights and cases similar to their own.
- Decide whether they want to file an individual claim or join a progressing class-action lawsuit.
With the help of a seasoned transvaginal mesh lawyer, women (and their families) will benefit from:
- Help negotiating and dealing with Boston Scientific's in-house attorneys
- Professional representation in court, arbitration and/or mediation proceedings
- Networks of expert support, as most transvaginal mesh lawyers have established connections with medical professionals who can verify claims regarding health problems when testimony is needed
- A sizeable settlement to compensate them for their pain and suffering, medical bills and/or living expenses.
Have you or a loved one been injured after using a transvaginal mesh patch? If so, contact a transvaginal mesh lawyer today to talk to an experienced attorney who will evaluate your injury and fight to ensure you receive the compensation you need and deserve.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: 888-255-1253
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.