Shoulder Pain Pump Settlements
A shoulder pain pump settlement is monetary compensation awarded to patients who have developed serious cartilage damage, specifically known as postarthroscopic glenohumeral chondrolysis (PAGCL), after using a shoulder pain pump.
Implanted following arthroscopic shoulder surgery, inra-articular shoulder pain pumps are medical devices that, via a catheter, slowly release pain narcotics over two to three days to relieve patient's pain and speed up their recovery.
Among the most notable shoulder pain pump manufacturers are:
- Breg, Inc. (the Breg Shoulder Pain Pump)
- DJO, Inc. (the DonJoy Pain Control Device)
- I-Flow (the On-Q Pump)
- Stryker (the Stryker Pain Pump)
Shoulder Pain Pump Problems & Side Effects
Although shoulder pain pumps can effectively reduce post-operative shoulder pain, studies indicate that these medical devices can cause PAGCL in as many as 63 percent of pain pump patients.
Painful and incurable, PAGCL is a form of cartilage damage that may cause:
- decreased range of motion in the shoulder
- persistent, intense shoulder pain
- shoulder clicking, popping and/or grinding
- stiffness and/or weakness in the shoulder joint.
Should patients start to develop PAGCL symptoms, it's essential they seek immediate medical attention for a proper diagnosis.
Those diagnosed with postarthroscopic glenohumeral chondrolysis will likely need shoulder replacement surgery, physical therapy and other long-term care.
More Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuits Being Filed
News of shoulder pain pump complications has led to a recent spike in the number of lawsuits against various medical device manufacturers. In fact, in July 2009 alone, the number of lawsuits against I-Flow (one maker of the shoulder pain pump) spiked from 69 to 213 claims.
How to Win a Shoulder Pain Pump Settlement
After receiving the necessary treatments, recovering pain pump patients should then consult with a respected defective device attorney to find out if they are entitled to a shoulder pain pump settlement.
During a free initial consultation, a shoulder pain pump lawyer will:
- Thoroughly evaluate your case.
- Determine the viability of your legal claim against a pain pump manufacturer.
- Outline the legal proceedings involved in winning a pain pump lawsuit and settlement.
- Advise you on the best manner in which to pursue your claim.
Individuals who choose to pursue their claim and work with an esteemed shoulder pain pump attorney will benefit from:
- access to a network of specialists who can provide official expert testimony when needed
- delayed payment for legal services, as shoulder pain pump lawyers work on contingency to encourage injured parties to seek the settlements they deserve.
While it can take months to win a shoulder pain pump settlement, those who stay the course can ultimately be awarded compensation for their permanent disabilities, medical bills and pain and suffering.
Have you or a loved one been injured after using a Shoulder Pain Pump? If so, contact a shoulder pain pump attorney today to consult with a highly respected shoulder pain pump attorney who will thoroughly evaluate your case and help you win the compensation you deserve.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: (888) 803-7598
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.