Reglan settlements may be part of the pharmaceutical industry news by mid-summer 2009, since many individuals have initiated lawsuits based on damages linked to this prescription medication. Reglan, a heartburn, nausea and gastric paresis medicine, is alleged to have caused extremely serious side effects:
- Tardive dyskinesia (TD) ? a potentially permanent neurological disorder characterized by involuntary, repetitive movements of the limbs, trunk, fingers, and face (such as grimacing, smacking or pursing of the lips, chewing, rapid eye movements)
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) ? a potentially fatal disorder characterized by:
- anxiety, confusion
- high fever
- irregular heart rhythm, rapid heart rate
- irregular pulse or blood pressure
- stiff muscles
Reglan Settlement Details
Whether an individual harmed by Reglan proceeds as a member of a class action against Reglan's manufacturers and other defendants, or whether the individual's lawsuit proceeds on its own, a Reglan settlement may be the appropriate outcome. An adequate and fair Reglan lawsuit settlement can compensate the injured Reglan patient (or his/her spouse and family) for damages such as:
- medical bills for further treatment, including hospitalization and long-term care
- rehabilitation services, especially in Reglan patients who have developed TD or NMS
- permanent disability and loss of ability to work (or to work at one's previous level)
- emotional suffering ? particularly when left with TD as a result of Reglan treatment
- loss of a loved one due to a Reglan side effect (this includes emotional and financial costs)
Advantages of a Reglan Settlement
An alternative to working out a settlement that compensates victims for Reglan damages is to litigate the matter in a court room with an experienced product's liability lawyer. A judge or jury decides the verdict and may (or may not) grant an award that provides financial compensation to the victim(s).
A Reglan settlement is essentially a negotiation between the victim's attorney and the Reglan defendants, arriving at a fair settlement without the time and costs that accompany litigation. It is important to hire an experienced Reglan attorney to help you reach a settlement for your case. A qualified Reglan lawyer will be able to negotiate aggressively and help you recover the full amount of compensation for your injuries.
If you or someone you know has been injured by Reglan medication, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your losses in the form of a Reglan settlement. To schedule a complimentary consultation with a Reglan Lawyer, contact us today.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: (888) 803-7598
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.