Levaquin settlements are monetary awards granted to those who have sustained severe injuries after taking the fluoroquinolone antibiotic known as Levaquin (generically, levofloxacin). Levaquin is prescribed to treat a variety of serious bacterial infections. It is available in the form of a pill, oral solution or injectable medication.
Levaquin has been reported to cause a number of severe (or even potentially fatal) complications, including:
- Damage to the liver, kidneys and/or pancreas
- Double vision
- Fatal hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Heart problems, including arrhythmia and/or cardiotoxicity
- Muscle deterioration and neuromuscular diseases
- Nerve damage in the hands and/or feet
- Permanent loss of vision and/or loss of color vision
- Severe allergic reaction
- Severe anemia
- Severe central nervous system (CSN) disorders
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrosis (TEN), life-threatening skin conditions
- Tendon injuries, including spontaneous tendon rupture and tendinitis.
Patients who develop one or more of the listed conditions may be eligible to seek a settlement by filing a Levaquin lawsuit.
Levaquin Settlement Amounts
The amount of a given Levaquin settlement will depend on:
- The nature and severity of a Levaquin patient's injuries
- The cost of medical bills and ongoing treatments
- Whether the patient has sustained permanent disability
Typically, larger settlement awards are granted to those who have sustained the most severe Levaquin injuries and to families of deceased Levaquin patients.
How to Recover a Settlement in a Levaquin Case
If you or a loved one has been injured after taking Levaquin, contact our dangerous drug attorneys to find out if you have a legitimate case. If you do, our lawyers will fight aggressively to ensure that you recover the full amount of money you are entitled to. We will fight to ensure your settlement covers the damages you incurred. If not, we are prepared to take your case to trial and go up against even the largest corporations and their insurance companies.
For more information about your specific injury and legal options, contact our Levaquin lawyers today. We will examine your situation for free to determine if you qualify to file a claim.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: 888-245-3323
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.