Levaquin litigation refers to the personal injury lawsuits that seek compensation for individuals who were seriously injured after taking the fluoroquinolone antibiotic medication known as Levaquin (generically levofloxacin). Levaquin is only available via prescription and is used to treat severe bacterial infections, such as ear, sinus, skin, lung and urinary tract infections.
Levaquin has, unfortunately, been found to cause some serious, irreversible, life-threatening complications. Those who develop any severe Levaquin side effect (or families who survive a Levaquin death) will have a legitimate defective drug claim against PriCara, the division of Ortho-McNeil Janssen Pharmaceuticals that makes and distributes Levaquin.
Levaquin Side Effects
Although rare, serious Levaquin side effects include:
- Acute pancreatitis
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (in which the immune system attacks healthy blood cells)
- Fatal hypoglycemia
- Irreversible loss of vision, double vision and/or loss of color vision
- Kidney damage
- Myasthenia gravis (a neuromuscular disease)
- Peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage to the hands and/or feet)
- Rhabdomyolysis (muscle deterioration)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Severe central nervous system (CSN) disorders
- Spontaneous tendon rupture
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a less severe but still deadly form of TEN)
- Toxic epidermal necrosis (TEN, a separation and death of the skin cells)
Levaquin patients with the highest risk of developing such potentially fatal side effects include patients who smoke and those with a history of certain health conditions. Before taking Levaquin, ask your doctor for a complete list of potential dangers and risk factors.
Starting a Levaquin Lawsuit
Injured Levaquin patients can learn more about their legal rights and entitlements by consulting with an attorney who is familiar with lawsuits involving dangerous drugs. Our lawyers have investigated hundreds of defective drug lawsuits and are equipped with the knowledge and skills to build you a strong case.
To resolve Levaquin lawsuits in the most efficient and favorable manner for each client, our experienced defective drug attorneys will:
- Gather all necessary, relevant evidence to support the client's case.
- Expose inconsistencies, inaccuracies and/or fallacies in the opponent's argument.
- Find experts who will testify when official expert testimony can bolster a client's claims in court.
- Provide each client with top-of-the-line service so they have the best chances of winning maximum settlement awards
For more information about Levaquin litigation, contact our Levaquin lawyers today. We will explain all of your legal rights in a private, no-obligation consultation.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: 888-245-3323
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.