Levaquin Class Action Lawsuits
Levaquin class action lawsuits are personal injury cases in which a number of plaintiffs with similar claims unite their grievances in a single lawsuit in an effort to seek compensation for their injuries and losses. Whether an individual or class action Levaquin lawsuit is right for a particular plaintiff will depend on:
- The type and severity of the Levaquin injury sustained
- How involved the plaintiff wants to be in the day-to-day legal proceedings
- Whether the plaintiff wants to settle for a standard award or to gamble his/her chances of winning a higher award
Who Qualifies For Levaquin Class Action Lawsuits?
Levaquin class action lawsuits are typically best suited for injured parties who:
- Have less severe injuries
- Want some distance from the legal process
- Want a standard settlement award, as class action suits grant those with similar injuries the same amount of compensation
What is Levaquin?
Generically referred to as levofloxacin, Levaquin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that, since December 1996, has been FDA approved to treat life-threatening bacterial infections, ranging from ear and sinus infections to skin, lung and bladder infections. Additionally, Levaquin can be used to treat anthrax exposure, STDs and prostate infections.
Levaquin is produced by PriCara, a subsidiary of Ortho-McNeil-Janssen, and is among the leading antibiotics prescribed in the U.S. and worldwide. Only available via prescription, Levaquin can come in the form of a pill, oral solution or injectable solution.
Basis for Levaquin Class Action Suits: Levaquin Side Effects
Like many modern pharmaceuticals, Levaquin is known to cause a range of minor to severe side effects, the worst of which have been reported to include:
- Double vision
- Fatal hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Heart problems, including arrhythmia and/or cardiotoxicity
- Liver, kidney and/or pancreas injuries that can lead to organ failure
- Muscle deterioration and neuromuscular diseases
- Nerve damage (neuropathy) in the hands and/or feet
- Permanent loss of vision and/or loss of color vision
- Severe allergic reaction
- Severe anemia
- Severe central nervous system (CSN) disorders
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrosis (TEN), potentially fatal skin conditions
Levaquin patients who develop any of these health problems should undergo emergency and long-term medical care for the best chances of survival and recovery. Once his/her health is stable, injured victims should contact a Levaquin attorney to see if he or she qualifies to recover compensation for any damages incurred. To find out if you qualify to file an individual lawsuit or join a class action, contact a Levaquin law firm today.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: 888-245-3323
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.