Hydroxycut Safety Information: Is Hydroxycut Safe?
Produced and distributed by Iovate Health Sciences Inc., Hydroxycut is a diet pill that claims to improve the potential for weight loss by stimulating metabolism and curbing sensations of hunger.
Currently, Hydroxycut is one of the most widely used and purchased weight loss dietary supplements on the market, as about one million Hydroxycut products are sold each year in the U.S.
Different varieties of Hydroxycut products claim to focus on:
- acting as diuretics (to promote water loss)
- burning fat
- enhancing energy
- supplementing low-carb diets
Hydroxycut is Not Safe, According to FDA
Research has shown that Hydroxycut can help people lose up to 4.5 times more weight (when combined with a low-calorie diet and exercise) than diet and exercise alone. However, recent reports of serious Hydroxycut injuries have led the Food and Drug Administration to:
- Issue a massive Hydroxycut recall
- Warn patients to stop using Hydroxycut products immediately
Is Hydroxycut safe to take? For 14 Hydroxycut products, the answer is no. Only 2 products marketed under the Hydroxycut brand (Hydroxycut Hoodia and Hydroxycut Cleanse Products) have not yet been recalled by the FDA.
Recalled Hydroxycut products include:
- Hydroxycut 24
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Carb Control
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packest (Ignition Stix)
- Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Liquid Shoots
- Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
- Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Natural
- Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
Individuals using any of the above products should:
- Stop using Hydroxycut immediately
- Return the recalled Hydroxycut products to the place of purchase for a full refund
Those with a Hydroxycut safety concern should see their doctor for a thorough evaluation after discontinuing use of this dietary supplement.
Hydroxycut Safety Issues: Hydroxycut Side Effects & Symptoms
To date, 23 patients have reported to the FDA that they have developed severe health problems following use of Hydroxycut. Serious Hydroxycut side effects have included:
- cardiovascular disorders
- liver damage
- rhabdomyolysis (a rare condition in which muscle deterioration can lead to kidney failure)
Symptoms of serious Hydroxycut side effects may include:
- abdominal pain
- brown urine
- extreme weakness and fatigue
- light-colored feces
- loss of appetite
- loss of consciousness
- nausea and/or vomiting
Anyone taking Hydroxycut who develops any combination of the above symptoms should seek emergency medical care to prevent further health complications and save their lives.
Currently, one patient has died from liver failure after using Hydroxycut.
Starting a Hydroxycut Lawsuit
Those seriously injured after taking Hydroxycut should:
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Follow through with all prescribed treatments
- Meet with an experienced personal injury lawyer, once their health is stable, to learn more about their legal rights and find out if they are entitled to a settlement
Families of deceased Hydroxycut patients should also set up a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney to find out if they have a case against Iovate Health Sciences Inc. They may be entitled to monetary compensation by filing a Hydroxycut lawsuit against the makers and distributors of Hydroxycut.
For more information about the safety of Hydroxycut, contact Hydroxycut lawyer today.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: (888) 803-7598
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.