Produced and distributed by Iovate Health Sciences Inc., Hydroxycut is a weight loss supplement that, when taken with a low-calorie diet and regular exercise, is reported to help patients lose up to 4.5 times more weight than diet and exercise alone.
Within the past years, Hydroxycut has become one of the top-selling weight loss supplements in the U.S., as over one million Hydroxycut products are sold annually. Since 2004, only ephedra free Hydroxycut products have been available in the U.S.
Currently, over 70 countries in the world sell Hydroxycut products.
Is Hydroxycut Dangerous?
Despite research that confirms its effectiveness, Hydroxycut is known to cause a few life-threatening side effects.
In fact, following 23 reports of serious Hydroxycut-related injuries, on May 1, 2009, Ioavte in along with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a nationwide recall of 14 Hydroxycut products, including:
- Hydroxycut 24
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Carb Control
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packest (Ignition Stix)
- Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Liquid Shoots
- Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
- Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Natural
- Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
The FDA is advising that patients using or in possession of any of the above recalled Hydroxycut products:
- Stop using Hydroxycut immediately
- Return recalled Hydroxycut products to their place of purchase for a full refund
What are the Dangers of Hydroxycut?
Among the serious dangers of Hydroxycut diet pills and other recalled Hydroxycut products are:
- cardiovascular disorders
- liver damage
- rhabdomyolysis (a rare condition in which muscle deterioration can lead to kidney failure)
Such Hydroxycut dangers may be indicated by the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain
- brown urine
- extreme weakness and fatigue
- light-colored feces
- loss of appetite
- loss of consciousness
- nausea and/or vomiting
Following Serious Hydroxycut Side Effects
Injured patients should:
- Seek emergency medical attention to prevent further health complications and death
- Stop using Hydroxycut products
- Follow through with all long-term treatments for optimal recovery
- Meet with a Hydroxycut lawyer to find out if they have a case against Iovate Health Sciences Inc
During a free initial consultation, prospective plaintiffs (which include families of deceased Hydroxycut users) can:
- Learn more about the process of compiling and winning Hydroxycut lawsuits
- Get estimates of possible settlement awards, based on past cases similar to their own
- Decide whether they want to file an individual case or join an already-progressing Hydroxycut class action suit, based on their individual needs and unique circumstances
Past Hydroxycut lawsuits have won injured patients and their families millions of dollars.
Have you or a loved one been injured after using Hydroxycut? If so, contact us today to talk to an experienced Hydroxycut lawyer who can evaluate your claim and help you win the compensation you deserve.
Need Legal Help?
Call Today: (888) 803-7598
Contact us for free information or to start a free case review.